Saturday, January 3, 2009

Good Intentions

After quite a hiatus from posting, I thought I'd try my hand at this again.  I had great intentions of writing more than I did in 2008 -  is it too ambitious to think that I could manage one or two entries a week?  I guess we'll see.  Perhaps I could begin with some catch-up entries from the holiday family visits.  That will have to wait for another day when technical help from the husband is available - I need our new wireless router up and running so that I can post photos from my computer.


I almost titled this entry "Resolutions" but that would just doom my goals wouldn't it?  So instead, I'll just refer to these as my "intended good intentions for 2009".  I usually do these sorts of personal goal setting-things around the time of my birthday, but for those of you who know what my year has been like so far, you understand that I just couldn't get to it in November.  So without further ado, here are my modest little intentions this year...
  • keep my priorities straight: family first, self next, work last.
  • keep connected to my friends, both near and far
See?  I said they weren't fancy.  But I'm not naive enough not to see that embedded in those two little bulleted good intentions is a heap of mini-challenges to navigate.  I wonder how long I'll be able to keep these in the forefront of my brain?

With that, I will leave you to go tend to good intention #1: family first.  Time to retuck Myrick into her jumble of blankets!