Monday, May 25, 2009

Long Weekend List

Well, May has almost flown by without a single posting from me, so I thought I'd better get to it. Happy Memorial Day! I'll do a short version of a post and just write a list of highlights from our three days:
  • blowing bubbles with Myrick and hearing her yelling "Catch bubbles!"
  • sleeping in three mornings in a row
  • taking naps two out of the three days
  • hanging out with Maddie and family in Exeter on the tire swing, enjoying lobsters and family company
  • hearing Myrick say over and over again "Where Akie go?"
  • playing "hide" with my funny girl
  • getting the peas staked out in the garden so that they can climb upwards
  • hardening off my tomato and pepper seedlings
  • having a beer with my husband on the front porch
  • not doing any more school work than is absolutely necessary!
  • hanging my laundry out to soak up the warm sun
  • digging out from under a pile of laundry in our bedroom
  • playing in the sandbox with a sandy little girl
  • knowing that this school week in only a four-day gig