Monday, August 19, 2013

Summer Reprieve

It pains me to say that with the daylight fading noticeably earlier and a start date for school a week away, summer is winding down.  I went to school today to spend time prepping my classroom, Myrick headed off to her last week of day camp, Pender went off to Mrs. Terri's, and tonight we practiced a school evening schedule.  Ughh.  This time of year holds both excitement and sadness for me: I always look forward to the possibilities that a new year holds, but since having kids, this time of year marks the passing of time and how very quickly it seems to slip away.  I can hardly believe I have a first grader and a baby beginning pre-k.  We've had a wonderful summer full of social engagements, vacation, productive home chores, family adventures, and more.  I thoroughly enjoyed my time sitting at Veasey Beach among the other mommies watching our kids in swim lessons together - what a delight.  A round of cooler weather, though, has reminded me that this season at our local lake is nearly at an end.  After school today I picked up the kids and headed to Veasey for a late afternoon dip even with the sun setting.  Here are my two bathing beauties enjoying their beach time.