Friday, April 24, 2009

Vacation Highlights

Honestly, this Spring vacation has been rather dull - and I've loved every minute of it! We've gotten some chores done: painted the kitchen a lovely green, cut out the awkward kitchen tower to make room for a new granite-topped island, planted my seeds in flats, ordered chicks, and burned the brush pile in the meadow. Nate and I have thankfully had some time to just hang out with each other - what a joy to remember what that's like. He's pretty good company! Errands, laundry, and watching movies has rounded out the rest of our time. Myrick has had some lovely time outdoors with plans to really enjoy tomorrow's 80 degree temps! All in all, I think I'm ready for the end-of-the-year push. Two months of school left, and then it's summer! Here is a photo taken on the day we were burning brush. If you look carefully you can see the aftermath of this winter's ice storm: all of the bent-over birch trees in the background.