Sunday, February 15, 2009

Moments to Share

I simply cannot keep up with all of the changes in Myrick. She is growing like a little weed. Pants that fit her just three weeks ago are now highwaters, and developmentally, she is moving with lightening quick speed!

Some moments that I have to share from the past several weeks:
  • When our friends Joe and Sarah and their baby came to visit a couple of weeks ago, Myrick decided to greet them at the door by dropping her pants around her ankles and just standing there. Hhmmm...
  • Nate is my own personal barista. I love his coffee, and he grinds the beans each evening in preparation for the next morning's fresh pot. Whenever Myrick sees him getting out the beans and the grinder, she runs to him saying "Coffee, coffee!" and wants to be picked up while he makes the noisy grinder do its job. She loves this and makes her surprised face every time!
  • There are certain songs that Nate and I enjoy dancing to around the house with Myrick on our hips. Nate's is "Three is the Magic Number" by De La Soul. This morning I played that CD, and she went walking over to Nate with her hands raised as if saying, "This is our song, Daddy. It's time to dance!" When Myrick was much smaller I would often dance with her cradled in my arms to Dizzy Gillespie's "Swing Low Sweet Cadillac" because it has such a great steady drum beat in the back. It was on the other day for the first time in awhile, and Myrick paused mid-play and started to bounce up and down to the beat, completely surprising me! When I asked her if we should go downstairs and dance to it, she shook her head yes so we boogied until the end of that long song!
  • Myrick has now identified the moon. She looks out of windows for it, including the car window. When I picked her up from her sitter's last week, she saw it as we walked out to the car and tried to keep it in her sights during our car ride. She was mighty upset each time the car took a turn and pulled it from her view. She even cried about this.
  • Nate has done a great job keeping our birdfeeders filled. We turned Myrick's highchair to face the window so that she can see the "buwdies" from her seat while she eats. Yesterday, she started "counting" them. She also loves to look out of her 2nd floor bedroom window right when she gets up in the morning and say "No buwdies" when they aren't there.

Like I said, she is growing so fast that I will be hard-pressed to keep up with recording all of her mini-milestones. She is the highlight of our days here.