Monday, August 20, 2012

A Challenge

After reading my last post again, I decided it had a certain martyr-ish flavor about it - not my intention.  Don't get me wrong, being a full-time working mom is hard, but it's not without its fair share of daily joys.  I can easily say that I look back at those first five years of marriage to Nate with extreme fondness, but there is nothing I would change about my life today - especially having my kiddos.  So to keep those daily joys in the forefront of my mind (and to get me blogging a little more), I'll post at least one picture a day for the next month of the joyous moments that make up my days.  I often find myself, camera in hand, snapping away with the background thought, "Don't forget what this moment was like" - kind of a time capsule mentality with no real plan of what to do with those photos. 

Here are a few to kick off the challenge.

5 1/2 years old

2 1/2 years old

Admiring and playing with a caterpillar on the side of their pool.  Love that Pen just copies Myrick's every move, including her stance here!