Monday, September 8, 2008

Keeping Up

I feel like a three ring circus - too many balls in the air at once, and I'm just waiting for one to drop. By the way, this is only Day 5 of school. So here's the typical daily grind:
  • 5:30 alarm goes off, time to shower
  • 6:00 wake up Myrick if she isn't already up (she is!)
  • 6-7 get Myr and myself dressed, fed, and packed up
  • 7:00 kisses all around and out the door - Nate with Myrick to Terri's and me in the opposite direction to school
  • 7-4 work my tail off at school trying to keep up with one hundred 12/13 year olds
  • 4:00 highlight of my day: picking up Myr and finally hearing "Mommy!" again after 9 hours
  • 4-7:30 playtime, dinnertime, bathtime, bedtime routine all with my girl
  • 7:30-11:30 clean kitchen, and plan, prep, and grade to get ready for tomorrow
  • 11:30 drop into a deep slumber for 6 hours unless Myrick has other ideas

Ready, set, repeat. Here's hoping I can keep this pace for the remaining 9 months of school. Want to get complicated? Drop Nate's schedule on top of mine and see what happens!